Pages

5/10/2010

Fillo fruit pockets



I made a strudel a few days ago,
and I left the fillo dough on the table.
What happened...???
The fillo dough stuck together in several places.
So I decided to make these fruit pockets by joining the fillo pieces.


I wanted to make something nice for my blog,
but I didn't worry because if it didn't look ok, I knew I could just eat it all.
Finally, I took it out of the oven,
it looked some pretty flowers.

This job didn't need any skill or ability.
It just need the fillo pastry and some fruit. *^^*



Ingredients(make 5)

45g light cream cheese
1/2 Tbsp muscovado sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
5 plums or peaches halved and stoned
10 sheets fillo pastry (25*25cm)
peanut or sunflower oil, for brushing
icing sugar, to sprinkle


Mix together the cream cheese, sugar and cinnamon.
Preheat oven to 200 celsius.


Peel the skins off of the fruit,
halve and stone.


Sandwich the fruit halves back together
with a spoonful of the cheese mixture in each fruit.


I used 3 plums and 2 canned peaches.


Spread out the fillo pastry,
brush one lightly with oil.
Place a second diagonally on top.
Repeat with the remaining fillo.
Place one fruit on each pastry square,
and gather the corners together.


Place on a baking sheet.
Bake for 13~18 minutes, until golden brown.



Dust with icing sugar, and serve.


They weren't perfect looking, but it didn't really matter.....


You will break it anyway......



3 comments:

The Cilantropist said...

Yummmm, looks good to me! :)

Nicnic said...

They look absolutely delicious!!

ondori said...

오호~~!!
우리 피비님 정말 바쁘시넹..
늘 즐겁고 긍정적이며 열심히 사시는 피비님 화이팅~~~`

This post confirms my ownership of the site and that this site adheres to Google AdSense program policies and Terms and Conditions.